[Seips club news] Shooting times

William Orr orrwd at cableone.net
Sun Jun 7 14:49:36 CDT 2015

Skip’s point is well taken.

The key issue I have seen is the size of the squads.  We are having another SO class so hopefully we can get 4 or more new SO’s.  For IDPA I intend to have as many squads as possible.  If we can keep the squads under 10 each things should move much faster.  Also the SO’s so remember their job is to keep things moving, not instruction.  Let the rest of the members do the shooters critique, not on the firing line.

Would also suggest that all the SO’s and RO’s in the club show up to help Dave on Wednesday nights to make sure that he has enough officials to fill his stages.

As far as IDPA and membership requirement, that was thrust on us, just as we were attempting to get an IDPA program going.  Know that I have been fairly lenient on this requirement, and hope to continue as such.  However, if you want shoot more than a few matches a year and get a qualification score, you should join IDPA.  If you do, you can also compete in our sanctioned matches as well.

Bill