[Seips club news] Shooting times

John Smith gypsy1 at bridgemail.com
Sun Jun 7 14:22:53 CDT 2015

I'm with Skip.  The stand around times during each stage, has gotten much
more excessive to the point of frustrating.  Nothing to do with Nooks.

On Sunday, June 7, 2015, Dan bevi via Seips <seips at seips.org> wrote:
> This is an excellent idea, Skip. I would certainly attend many more
matches if it were not for this issue. Remember the good old days when
SEIPS was much less formal and not as overgrown. As an example, if I
understand the situation correctly,now you can't even shoot IDPA without
being a elite member of IDPA. Oh yeah, there is Action Pistol on Wednesday
nights if you want to spend your time not shooting.Remember when Rex used
to put on the best and most fun (practical as well) IDPA matches.
> Enough nostalgia.
> Dan Bevilacqua
> On Sat, Jun 6, 2015 at 9:39 PM, tim at Idahouspsa.com <seips at seips.org>
wrote:

>> Stop shooting so fast Skip.
>>
>> Registration seems to take the most time. Realistically, the nooks move
the time spent scoring after the match, to the beginning of the match. The
biggest hurdle seems to be getting folks to sign up in advance.

>> TimE
>>
>> TimE

match. I was at the range for 4 hours and spent a total time of 3.1 minutes
shooting. I would suggest that we look at ways to speed up some of our
matches so other activities can be handled on a given Saturday, Sunday or
week night.I read Dave Spencer's latest e-mail about limited daylight hours
in our Wednesday night Action Shootsand the need to speed up the match
time. I agree completely.I have discussed this with shooting club people
from another state and their goal was to get the matchdone before noon on
given weekend shoots.We have always had creative match directors who bring
us interesting scenarios. I just think we can shorten the time we spend
waiting to get to the

--

JBS
I Love This Country