[Seips club news] Summer Action Pistol League

Dave Spencer starfire151 at cableone.net
Thu Jun 4 08:05:44 CDT 2015

Hi Alan / All -

You've brought up a good question so I thought I'd send the reply out to everyone.

The rules for our local club interpretation of "Action Pistol" are mostly based on the IDPA rules.  Most of the rules concerning the use of cover, engaging targets as they become visible, magazine capacities, divisions, etc., are the same as those listed in the most recent IDPA handbook (www.idpa.com).  We will slightly differ from some of the IDPA rules in that we are not limited by ratios of paper to steel targets, the types of steel targets, etc.  We will use steel plates quite frequently, as they are very easy to score and reset.  Since the Action Pistol matches are conducted during the evening, the hours available before getting dark are somewhat limited.  Also we will take advantage of some "fun" targets, such as Texas Stars, etc.  All steel will be engaged at safe distances of at least 10 yards.

It is my intent to help make the Wednesday night matches a very fun event while maintaining a safe shooting environment for everyone.  If anyone has a favorite target or suggestions for scenarios, etc, please send me an e-mail.

This is a "participation sport", though.  Everyone is expected to assist in taping, resetting targets, picking brass, etc. unless you are the current or next shooter.  Help during setup and teardown is always appreciated, also.

Again, I have to apologize for not starting the match yesterday.  We should be able to get started next Wednesday night, the 10th of June.  Shooting will start at 6:30 PM.  Please make sure you signed up online prior to coming out, as that really helps speed the registration up.  The sign up sheet will be available for the following week by the Thursday after the match.  In other words, after the match on the 10th, the sign up sheet will be cleared and posted on Thursday, the 11th, for signing up for the match on the 17th.  Please inform anyone not signed up to do so online.  Paper sheets will be used for keeping scores for unregistered people showing up after 6:00PM on Wednesday nights.  No exceptions.  A line on the bottom of the paper form is available for your e-mail address.  I will send an e-mail with your score directly to you and you will have to determine your position by comparing your score with those posted from the electronic scoring.

Costs for the match are $5.00 for SEIPS members and $10.00 for non-SEIPS members.  We will also have a raffle drawing held on the last match day of the season (August 26th) entry available for those wishing to participate.  The cost is $20 to enter (one-time fee).  Please bring $20 cash to me at the registration and I will put you on the list.  A separate can holding raffle tickets will be available during registration.  Just fill in your name on the ticket and put it in the can.  Only people entering the raffle are to put tickets in the can.  Names will be confirmed against the raffle sinup sheet.  Enter one ticket for each Action Pistol match you attend.

I'm looking forward to a very fun season of Action Pistol this year.  Hope to see you out there.

Dave

Sent from my iPad