[Seips club news] safety Share

Tim Egan tim at idahouspsa.com
Tue Jun 2 14:47:54 CDT 2015

I just finished chatting with a gentlemen that shot a .45 thru his left hand
this past weekend.

He was extremely lucky in that the bullet passed thru all soft tissue; no
major structures of his hand were injured.

He got complacent clearing a jam.

Don't point the muzzle of a firearm at anything you are not willing to
destroy.

I believe that all of our games have a rule that sweeping your body will be
a match disqualification. This is why.

As an aside - At Saturday's Ross' Range days, I asked a guy if he would
please wear the safety glasses I was offering to him.

After three polite attempts, it was clear he was not interested, and so we
escorted him off of the range. On the way out, I noticed

He was wearing hearing protection. He didn't have an answer as to why.

Safety is all or none.

TimE